Our engineering team worked tirelessly to develop a version of the Freedom Chair that can be self-propelled using only one side of the body: one arm and one leg. It's ready for riders like you to start having adventures beyond the pavement.
With appropriate practice, it can be propelled independently, but most Hemi riders enjoy using the chair with a buddy. The included rear handles make it easy to provide assistance.
- One lever propels both wheels simultaneously, giving you maximum traction for your off-road adventures.
- Steer with our easy-to-use foot support.
- Second lever can be inserted to exercise your weak side. Both levers move forward in unison.
- Lower gear ratio makes the chair easier to push off-road.
- Included rear handles make it easy for a partner to assist.
- Many Hemi riders like to use a third-party product called Active Hands, which make a terrific way to improve grip strength. Check them out here! You can also purchase these in the US—just put "Active Hands" into an Amazon or Google search.
- Requires one arm and one leg to operate.
- Best suited for outdoor use.
- Not appropriate for riders shorter than 5'4" in height.
In addition, the Hemi model has all the regular GRIT Freedom Chair 3.0 features:
- Patented easy-push lever drive
- Quick-release wheels, seatback, and footrest
- Inflatable pneumatic front wheel
- Padded tension-adjustable backrest
- Industry's best customer service
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 2-year warranty
- Detailed specifications
- Fully compatible with all GRIT accessories
- All-terrain 26" mountain bike wheels
- Upgradable with SoftWheels (like the Forward)
- Financing available
Want to see the Hemi in action? Rider Norm made this video of him tackling trails to thank his GoFundMe supporters: https://youtu.be/cvrAk0OTqr0